Saturday, March 20, 2010

Will my house ever be clean again?

It is cleaning time in the Scott house and I think the only one who is actually accomplishing anything is Mike. He is tackling the never ending pile of laundry. The boys are supposed to be picking up the toy room right now but I pretty sure they are once again holding a hardcore wrestling match.
I have never been a neat freak, but I do love when things are picked up. I don't mind if the floor isn't sparkling but I would like to see my counter tops. With a house of 5 plus our sweet hairy Bella I seem to fighting a losing battle. The second we get one area clean the boys move in like a swarm of locusts and all the hardwork is gone.
I have tried taking one room at a time and I have tried establishing a day to clean each room but it just doesn't work. Our unscheduled family life does not lend itself to scheduled clean. : )
So another day of fighting a never ending battle of little boy clutter and messiness. Wish me luck over the next few hours as we prepare to invite company over, hopefully they will be able to see the top of the table to eat off of it.

No comments: