Monday, September 22, 2008

Surgery day is tomorrow

Tomorrow Joey is going to be going in to have his tongue clipped. We haven't told him yet because at 4 the concept of surgery seems to be a little overwhelming. It certainly is overwhelming to me.
I know that there is much worse that could be wrong with the booger, but the idea of anesthesia scares the poop out of me! The surgery itself is only going to be about 15 minutes so nothing major, but still, poop buddy.

I am also kind of sad, because I think the way he talks is so sweet. It is what makes him uniquely Joey. I know in the long run it would be a hinderance, but it is just one of the many things I find so special about him.

Zach gets that look in his eye as soon as he discovers something new. It is an amazing thing to watch his face light up.

Matt curls up his little lip to pout and just melts your heart.

And when Joey gets excited he talks so fast you can't understand a word of anything he is saying.

They all have such wonderfully unique qualities, only one of which I listed for each, but the idea of Joey losing one of them that I associate as being uniquely his, is in a way a sad day for this mom.

I know, I know he has to have it done to improve his speech, and it is very exciting to think of all of the words he will now be able to say! So a big day for all of us tomorrow!

No comments: